Hi! Welcome to dreadsec.social! We're an infosec-oriented mastodon instance. That said, just about everyone is welcome here.
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of dreadsec.social; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
Below are some of our high level policies. For conduct, please refer to the Code of Conduct Section.
- Signing up with disposable emails will result in rejection of registration. Sorry.
- Accounts which are inactive for fourteen (14) days will be purged from our instance. If you will be leaving for an extended period of time, please contact a staff member
- We don't care what your political affiliations are. We care that you are respectful.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for shenanigans. Breaking rules, violating code of conduct, malicious actions, etc. will result in account revocation without prior notice.
Update for COVID-19: if talking about COVID-19, SARS-COV-2, WuFlu, whatever, please encapsulate your post with a content warning.
Code of Conduct
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Excessive advertising
- Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
- Untagged nudity, pornography and sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Casteism or advocation of casteism
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in Germany and/or France, such as holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism
- Conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox) may be considered harassment.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.